NE Lincs SENDIASS
SENDIASS North East Lincolnshire is a free service for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities and their parents and carers. It’s impartial and we give confidential information, advice and support in relation to special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and related health and social care matters.
We aim to empower children and young people with SEND and their families with the information needed to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Helpline: 01472 326363 (24 hour answerphone service. We aim to respond in 48 hrs)
Email email@example.com (We aim to respond within 3 working days)
information, advice and support to young people and parents/carers about special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). This includes health and social care where it is linked to education. We offer advice and support on a range of SEND related issues. The type of information we provide includes:
- SEN support information
- Exclusions information and advice
- Transition planning (moving schools and through education)
- Your rights within SEND law
- Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) information
- Healthcare information
- Preparation for meetings and appeals
- Letter templates and resources
- Referrals and signposting to relevant services
- Training and workshops on SEND related topics
- Advocacy support to help children and their parents or young people to help ensure their views are heard and understood
- Support to understand SEND legislation and processes, including mediation and appeals to the SEN and Disability Tribunal
- Advice on how to improve communication between parents, carers, young people and schools or other agencies.
- Support to resolve disagreements around SEND issues impacting on young people and their families.
- A wide range of online information and resources
- A role in informing local policy and practice
By providing a high quality, accessible, impartial and confidential SEND service, we will empower children, young people and their parents/carers to play an active and informed role in their child’s education and in the preparation for adult life.
By supporting good partnership working, we will encourage service users and professionals to work more closely together, in the interests of children and young people with SEND.
We also provide
- Regular drop-ins in family hubs across our local area
- Links to other groups and forums
- Free information events and courses which help you to find out more about SEND
- Factsheets on various subjects related to SEND
- On-line training for SEND
a Steering Group which includes representatives from local voluntary groups, Children’s Services, NELPPF (the NE Lincs Parent Carer Forum), schools and educational settings, Parent Champions, Education and Social Care, as well as Health. Together they oversee the direction of the service we offer across North East Lincolnshire.
If you would be interested in being part of the NE Lincs SENDIASS steering group or just want to know more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org